The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds